Imagine how the world would be if we were respectful to everyone around us and if people responding back the same way. What if we were always honest in our dealings, persistently striving for success, and had the ability to control our temper and treat everyone with love, compassion and empathy. What if the techniques and lessons you have learned impacted our lives so much that we honored these beliefs and it created an indomitable spirit creating a better world?
I believe the values taught at Great Lakes TKD can do exactly that, making the world a better place.
Check out our tenants:
1. Courtesy (Ye-Ui) – This really means respect. Respect for everyone including your enemies.
2. Integrity (Yom-Chi) – The real meaning is honesty. Which means to never ever tell a lie.
3. Perseverance (In-Nae) – The attitude to never give up. No matter how discouraged you may become.
4. Self Control (Guk-Gi) – This encompasses control. Control your mind, body, and emotions.
5. Indomitable Spirit (Baekjul-Bool Gool) – The words unconquerable, unbreakable, and unquenchable help define the meaning of indomitable. Simply put youwould be willing to give your life for your belief.